white haired by? By magic? I see you're not that old. Well, enough about that. It's just for fun, don't say anything. I allow myself to assume that you have some experience?
- Yes sir.
- I'd like to hear more about that.
Geralt bowed even deeper.
- You know, sir, that our code forbids us to talk about what we're doing.
- A very convenient code, my good witcher, extremely convenient. But without going into detail, have you had to deal with forest trolls?
- And with vampires and woodwinds?
- Also that.
Foltest hesitated a bit
the. This also applies to Foltest, our gracious and beloved ruler who keeps hanging these announcements at the intersections all the time. There are probably a few fewer volunteers now. There was one recently, but he definitely wanted the three thousand in advance. So we put him in a sack and threw in the lake.
- There are plenty of scammers.
- Yes, there are plenty of them. Ample even, the town clerk agreed, without taking his eyes off the switch. - So if you go to the palace, do not claim the gold in advance. If you go there at all.
- I do.
- Well, you have to. But remember my advice. And now that we are talking about the rewards, there have been reports recently that it includes
- And that's how it went on, Geralt, for six years, because the scrum was born about fourteen years ago. During that time, we also had other concerns, because we were up there with Vizimir of Novigrad, but there were some decent, understandable reasons why it was about moving some boundary pillars and not about daughters or marriage alliances. Foltest, by the way, is also beginning to mumble something about marrying, and he looks at the counterfeits that the neighboring guards send to him, instead of throwing them in the bin as he did in the past. Well, but from time to time he is once again seized by this mania, and then he sends riders out to look for new wizards. Yes, and he has promised a reward, three thousand, so that a few brush heads come running, knights, even a shepherd boy, a fool known throughout the neighborhood, he must rest in peace. And the striga is doing well. She puts her teeth in someone on a regular basis. You get used to it. And the heroes who try to cure her, at least, benefit by the fact that the beast eats saturated on the spot and does not roam outside the palace area. And Foltest has got a new palace, quite a nice one.
"Six years," said Geralt, raising his head. - In six years, no one has settled the case?
- No, then, Velerad replied, looking intently at the switch. - For the matter is probably not to settle, so one must learn to live with
She moved very gently, quietly, with silent steps, sliding almost through the room like a ghost, like a dream vision, and the only sound that accompanied her movements came from the cloak stroking her naked skin. But this faint, almost inaudible crackle nevertheless aroused the witcher, or perhaps lifted him out of the slumber in which he lay, rocking monotonously, as in an endless sea where he floated among the slightly undulating seaweed stripes between the bottom and the calm surface.